Bread Roll Recipe with Potato Stuffing
Bread Rolls are made by stuffing bread with a spicy potato-peas mixture and rolling it up. These packed bread rolls are fried until golden brown and crunchy. As previously stated, the stuffing is created from potatoes, but you can experiment with different types of filling, such as mixed vegetables, paneer, or tofu.
6 slices of Bread
Potatoes, 1 cup (boiled, peeled and mashed)
¼ cup green peas (boiled or steamed or microwaved)
1 tablespoon Oil
½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 Green chili (finely chopped)
½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon red chili powder
½ teaspoon Coriander powder
¼ teaspoon Garam masala
½ teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves
2 teaspoon Lemon juice or to taste
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the oil. When the pan is hot, add the cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Next, add the ginger paste and green chilli, and cook for a few seconds, or until the raw scent of ginger garlic is away.
- Add turmeric powder and immediately add boiled, mashed potatoes and boiled peas. Mix thoroughly.
- After that, add the salt and all of the spice powders. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly add cilantro and lemon juice, mix.
- Transfer it to a plate and let aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, divide it into 6 equal sections and roll it up.
Making bread roll recipe with potato stuffing follow these steps:
- Take bread slices and remove the edges of the bread slices.
- Take some water in a wide bowl, take one bread and dip it into the water to dampen it.
- Then, without breaking the shape of the bread slice, press out all of the water.
- Place one potato roll on top of the other and seal the edges to form a roll. To make all the bread rolls, repeat the process.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, drop a few bread rolls into it and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Using a slotted spatula, remove it and place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with chutney and ketchup on the side.